Comprehensive cloud-based email security solutions and real-time defense against cyber threats, data loss and regulatory violations.
EPIC Advanced Threat Defense
EdgeWave Enhanced Precision and Integrated Cyber Capabilities™ (EPIC™) is EdgeWave’s transformational approach to email security that combines sophisticated technology, human review and analysis, and a military-grade approach to cyber security operations. EPIC provides Zero Minute Defense, the real-time protection behind EdgeWave ePrism Email Security. You need EPIC and Zero Minute Defense’s combination of human and artificial intelligence to accurately block email-based cyberattacks in real-time. It takes a human to stop a human!
Inbound and outbound email filtering and multiple antivirus engines to defend against advanced threats such as phishing, malware and spam.
Data Loss Prevention
Stop sensitive data such as patient health records or financial information from getting in the wrong hands.
Options for comprehensive protection and secure email delivery of all messages leaving your network.
Enable continuous web-based email access and use during planned or unplanned mail server outages.
Retain email in an unalterable state for regulatory compliance, litigation issues or storage management needs.
24/7 Customer Care
At EdgeWave we believe that customer service goes beyond closing the deal. We are passionate about customer care, offering personalized service and quick resolution to any issue – our operators typically pick up in under one minute!
100% US-based Support
24/7 Customer Care
Industry Leading 70%+ Net Promoter Score
World-Class Security for Patient Health Data
“EdgeWave ePrism has blocked more virus-riddled and phishing infected emails in the first month of use than I saw in the last six months of our previous solution.”Paul Roma, Network Security Administrator, Team Lead, Susquehanna Health
EXCELLENT POSTINI REPLACEMENT
ePrism Email Security’s comprehensive protection and cloud-based ease of use make it an excellent replacement for Postini. Switching is easy, and you’ll have better protection and peace of mind.
Explore EdgeWave ePrism
- EPIC Advanced Threat Protection with Human Intelligence
- Data Loss Prevention
- Email Encryption
- Multi-Layered Defense
- Email Continuity
- Email Archiving
- Hosted SaaS Cloud Service
- Managed On-Premises Appliance
Cutting Edge Technology + Human Interaction = Complete Email Security
EPIC provides Zero Minute Defense, the real-time protection behind EdgeWave ePrism Email Security. Zero Minute Defense combines human review with next-generation technology to stop the most sophisticated of email-based threats. Because hackers are determined to create novel ways to infiltrate, it takes a human to determine if a message is legitimate or an adversary attack.
How Zero Minute Defense Works:
- Inbound email messages pass through proprietary next-generation artificial intelligence filters, including multiple antivirus engines, to identify anomalous or unusual behavior
- EPIC analysts then review for psychological and technical threat cues
- When a threat is identified, EPIC analysts immediately creates and synchronize threat protection rules for all ePrism customers
- On average 200 new rules are created every day to stop emerging threats, with nearly 30,000 rules active at any given time
No other solution offers EdgeWave EPIC and Zero Minute Defense’s unique and effective combination of human and artificial intelligence to accurately identify and stop even the most sophisticated of email-based threats in real time.
EdgeWave ePrism DLP feature gives you the powerful tools you need to comply with government regulations and prevent the loss of sensitive private data. ePrism Email Security Suite includes a content analysis and policy engine that uses proprietary technology to protect private information transmitted via outgoing email. This egress prevention technology analyses outbound information, detects private content in motion, and stops sensitive, protected data from leaving your network.
ePrism DLP gives you the powerful data loss prevention tools you need to comply with government regulations, such as HIPAA and GLBA, and prevents the loss of all types of private data, including patient healthcare information, financial information and social security and credit card numbers.
ePrism Email Encryption provides cost-effective, fully hosted business email security to protect your organization from financial fines, brand reputation damage and other negative consequences that can occur when unsecured sensitive email leaves your organization. ePrism Email Encryption supports all email gateways.
ePrism provides multiple encryption options to meet your needs and assure the security of your messaging:
- TLS Server-to-Server Encryption– Transparent to end users, TLS Encryption works by establishing private email networks linking you with your business-critical partners via the use of certificates. Every email sent or received by these networks is securely encrypted while the encryption remains completely transparent to both the sender and recipient.
- Park and Pull Encryption – Park and Pull Encryption provides secure email communication between the sender and the recipient of messages, even to individuals outside your organization. Unlike end-to-end email encryption software, the park and pull technique does not require key codes or the installation of any software by the sender, recipient or email hosts.
- Push Encryption – Push Encryption provides secure delivery without leaving sensitive messages in the cloud waiting to be picked up. With Push Encryption, the message is encrypted, put in an html file and attached to a notification message. Once authenticated, the recipient can view the attachment in a browser window, and can respond or forward the message and download any attachments.
ePrism corporate email security provides malware and virus protection of your outbound traffic by identifying computers that have been surreptitiously converted to a “zombie” network or botnet client. ePrism blocks any outbound spam and malicious email attempts for complete malware and virus protection. It then notifies your network administrator so that zombie computers can be identified and treated for the underlying infection.
Comprehensive hardware and cloud email security solutions and real-time defense against cyber threats, data loss and regulatory violations
EdgeWave ePrism Email Security utilizes advanced technologies to ensure the security and delivery of business critical email.
ePrism Email Security software deploys proprietary technology that surpasses other approaches with its ability to stop emerging threats without adversely affecting the flow of legitimate business-critical email. Proprietary technology protects both inbound and outbound email to assure comprehensive email defense.
- Inbound - Incoming email must pass through successive layers of SMTP session level defenses and antivirus engines before reaching the recipient’s inbox. An effective phishing filter, each level also looks for and removes specific threats based on content analysis, virus detection, sender profiling and more.
- Outbound - Since delivery is critical to any secure email for business, outbound traffic is inspected to identify computers that have been infected and converted to a “zombie” or botnet client. Botnet attacks can result in a network being black-listed by other spam filters, preventing legitimate email sent by anyone on the network from reaching its intended recipient.
- Adaptive Threat Detection - This technology defends against network-based threats such as DoS and DHA by using grey listing and merit-based reputation analysis of IP addresses, senders, and recipients.
- Email Behavioral Analysis – EdgeWave EPIC behavior-analysis system is proactive email security, monitoring inbound and outbound network traffic to spot unusual behavior patterns. Suspicious emails are identified and blocked.
- Sender Reputation Tracking - Merit-based reputation is created for each email sender based on history and message characteristics to detect spammers. This reputation analysis is then used to identify and block spam.
- Email DNA Analysis - Proprietary Email DNA analysis technology identifies unique characteristics of email that indicate spam, phishing schemes, and other forms of dangerous or objectionable content with unrivalled accuracy.
- Email Spam Trigger - Exclusive phishing filter technology monitors campaigns to quickly identify spam and phishing before they penetrate users’ networks. Suspicious campaigns are quarantined until a rule can be made.
- Advanced Image Filtering - Advanced Image Filtering technology includes both comprehensive image analysis as well as dynamic feedback of the message content.
ePrism Email Continuity is a service that enables continuous web-based email access, management, and use during planned or unplanned mail server outages. ePrism Email Continuity can be enabled automatically or enabled via a simple admin check box, giving users access to their mail so that they can manage messaging and avoid any disruption in the flow of critical, legitimate business communications. In case of an outage, end users access the Web 2.0 email client allowing them to read, compose, reply to, forward and delete messages.
ePrism Email Archiving offers secure email archiving that is scalable email security to fit the requirements of any size organization. ePrism Archiving retains email in an unalterable state to meet requirements for regulatory compliance, litigation issues, storage management needs, or to fulfill business best practices guidelines. ePrism Archiving Services are in-the-cloud, so scalability is assured. And secure data collection technology provides comprehensive interoperability with all messaging systems.
Comprehensive Email Security Solutions and Real-Time Defense against Cyber Threats, Data Loss and Regulatory Violations
EdgeWave ePrism Email Security provides sophisticated reporting tools and flexible notification and deployment options so you can to efficiently manage your email security and ensure the safety and security of staff and data.
EdgeWave ePrism Email Security’s comprehensive email notifications for IT administrators make day-to-day email security management easier by providing flexible and customizable notifications.
There are hundreds of combinations available so you never have to worry about losing visibility on important email issues such as threat levels, bandwidth consumption and delivery problems. ePrism’s exclusive email notification system monitors inbound and outbound email and allows you to configure email notification alerts to meet your specific requirements without the need for any external monitoring systems.
EdgeWave ePrism Email Security solutions include sophisticated email reporting tools that provide comprehensive data on both inbound and outbound messages to help you review and manage your organization’s email filtering. Choose from a wide-range of available report templates, or customize reports to fit your organization’s requirements. Get aggregate email reports that include your entire organization, or drill-down to individual users. Reports can be generated on-demand or scheduled to generate automatically, when you need them.
EdgeWave ePrism Email Security Suite offers flexible deployment options that include hosted SaaS cloud services and managed on-premises appliances.
Hosted Email Security (SaaS) Deployment
Cloud-based ePrism hosted secure email solution allows you to conserve your valuable IT resources by delivering a secure business email solution that protects against spam and malware, while assuring the accurate and prompt delivery of mission-critical email. As a SaaS email security solution, ePrism in-the-cloud protection provides infinite scalability and ease-of-use for any size organization from SMBs to large distributed enterprises and service providers.
Managed Appliance Deployment
For organizations that prefer or require an on-premises email security appliance, EdgeWave offers a line of network appliances with the same features and functionality as ePrism hosted email security solution. ePrism appliances are fully managed, providing redundancy and failover in the case of an unplanned outage. Ensure secure email with EdgeWave email Security appliances.
|Maximum Email Users||1,000||10,000||20,000|
|Quarantine Logging Storage||100 GB||400 GB||1 TB|
|Rackmount Size||1 U-Mini;
10 in rack mountable
25.5 in rack mountable
29 in rack mountable
|AC Power Requirement (Amps)||approx 2.0||approx 2.7||approx 2.7|
|Size (H/W/D)||10″ (D) x
19″ (W) x
19″ (W) x
19″ (W) x
|Capacity depends on email environment and selected options. Specifications subject to change without notice.1 – Values for number of users are estimates based on what the hardware can support with minimized latency in message delivery and maximum performance.2 – Depends on the number of users per domain, for example one 3000 device could have 5000 domains with 2 users each, or 1 domain with 10,000 users.|