Since their creation, social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter have enjoyed tremendous growth among all strata of society and including all ages. It should not come as a surprise that the use of social networking tools to promote products and services, has grown equally fast.
- Facebook has 845 million active users, responsible for one billion posts per day and 250 million uploaded photos
- By the end of 2011, Facebook had increased it users by 59% over the previous year
- The Internet hosts of 2.8 billion social media profiles - half the Internet users worldwide
- Four out of five Internet users visit social networks and blogs
- The average person will share 415 pieces of content on Facebook in one year
- He or she will spend an average of 23 minutes a day tweeting
- Facebook had increased its membership from 36% of global users to 59% by the end of 2011.
- The Internet hosts over 2.8 billion social media profiles, representing about half of all internet users worldwide.
- Four out of five internet users visit social networks and blogs
A worldwide survey of employees, conducted by Proskauer's International Labor and Employment Group, that surveyed more than 120 multinational employers, discovered that employee use of social networking while at work, is significant:
- More than 76% of those surveyed said they use social networking for business
- Of those, 70% have only started using it in the last three years
- Only 27% of businesses that allow social media access in the workplace, monitor its use by employees
- 43% of businesses have had to deal with misuse of social media by employees and 30% have had to take disciplinary action against employees in relation to social media
- Despite the widespread and growing use of social media in the workplace, 45% of businesses still don't have social media policies in place
Your business is enhanced by social media use and an all-or-nothing approach to banning social networking sites is not the answer. Block social media entirely and you miss the opportunity it has to grow your business. Allow unmanaged access and you suffer the consequences of brand damage, productivity loss and more.
EdgeWave Social gives you the best of both worlds, use social media tools to enhance your business while protecting your company from the inherent risks.