In accordance with our goal to keep daily administrative requirements to a minimum, our Web security solution gives IT professionals unrivalled flexibility in managing their resources with the Admin Roles feature. Using the browser-based central management console, IT Managers can easily share administrative tasks by assigning a wide range of roles and privileges to others in their department or the company. Choose from eight pre-defined, customizable roles or create new roles to suit your specific requirements. You can also restrict privileges to managing or reporting on specific users or networks and accountability is assured by using administrator logs to audit system configuration changes in real-time.
Benefits of iPrism's Multiple Administration Roles:
- Allows you to more efficiently manage your IT department and resources by delegating administrative tasks
- Enhances our already low TCO (see Web Filter TCO report) by providing superior flexibility in distributing and managing roles and tasks
- Assures that you maintain the security level of your department when you assign roles by authenticating per directory service group membership or via locally defined credentials
iPrism Web Security offers a highly granular override management feature that no one else in the industry offers. It allows administrators to address end-users' override requests by delegating override privileges to a secondary administrator or even providing self-override roles to some end-users. This should be welcome relief to IT administrators who must deal with repetitive requests from multiple users going to the same blocked page or individual users going to multiple blocked pages.
The benefits of override granularity and enhancement include:
- Streamlines the time-consuming task of fulfilling override requests
- Allows you to delegate override privileges to others in your organization, even non-IT personnel
- New enhancements offer more override duration options and enable overrides that allow time-limited access per a different user's profile.
This flexibility is extremely beneficial in environments where you may want to grant privileges for special projects or times such as:
- Teachers who may want to apply their profile categories to students as they work on a particular assignment.
- Business departments that require temporary access to content that might be blocked normally.
- HR or Legal departments engaged in special projects.
- However you choose to delegate roles, you maintain override control with the ability to lock website categories from being overridden, monitor and revoke active overrides in real-time or report on overridden access
iPrism includes a series of integrated, on-demand instructional videos designed to help administrators navigate basic Web Filtering features. We know IT Administrators are busy and don't always have time to consult a manual or knowledgebase to complete simple Web filtering tasks. Whether you are new to iPrism Web Security, or just need a quick refresh on a configuration task, the short 3-5 minute iLearn Center video tutorials are designed to quickly walk you through completing common functions, step-by-step without searching through a database or downloading additional materials.