Bandwidth usage continues to grow, presenting challenges to companies of all sizes. The increasing reliance on cloud computing, storage and applications; and rich media such as video conferencing and streaming video combine with the popularity of BYOD (bring your own device) to increase bandwidth demands on corporate networks in every industry. And while cloud technologies and rich media can improve productivity and lower operation costs, if your organization isn't meeting these larger bandwidth requirements, you won't be able to enjoy the benefits they offer.
EdgeWave iPrism Advanced Web Gateway, not only scales to meet bandwidth-intensive deployments, it offers comprehensive Web and Social Media Security and other on-box features that lower TCO and increase performance, all at affordable acquisition pricing.
iPrism Web Security v7.0 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- Bandwidth Quotas and Warnings - This feature allows administrators to optimize network performance by adding a policy attribute to their web profiles that limits the total bandwidth consumed by a user under the applicable policy. Quotas and Warnings events are now identified through both real-time monitoring and reporting. This feature assists users in establishing limits on acceptable activity, which can decrease bandwidth usage.
- High Availability iPrism Pairing - Two iPrisms can be connected together with the status of traffic in each visible to both appliances. Because it provides failover from the Primary to Secondary iPrism, this configuration assures optimum performance when it is used in high availability or redundant networks with multiple firewalls.
- YouTube for Schools Support - Customers who have a YouTube for Schools login, will be able to enter those credentials in the Custom Filters function, and have the YouTube policies enforced. This integration allows worry-free use of YouTube for Schools educational resources.
- VLAN Support - The new version includes support for multiple VLANs through a single iPrism appliance with the administrator designating VLAN addresses when iPrism is configured. This features offers easier iPrism setup and management, with visibility of all traffic on a single iPrism, when deployed in networks using VLAN trunking configurations.
- SSL Filtering - One of the most common forms of encryption is Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which requires the creation of a secure tunnel between the user (client) and the website (server). Once the tunnel is established, HTTPS traffic uses SSL encryption to transmit content through the tunnel. iPrism provides another layer of security over your Web traffic by allowing control of SSL traffic with a feature that detects and classifies the Server Name Indication (SNI) header information within the outbound Web request at the start of the SSL handshake. This lets you control where you will allow encrypted content to be sent, and avoids potential hacker incursions into your network via unfiltered SSL.
- Email Protocol Filtering - As an added level of protection, iPrism 7.0 supports filtering SMTP, POP and IMAP email protocols and their secured versions. This feature enhances the use policies for email coming into organizations by providing the ability to filter major protocols.
- Enhanced Custom Filters - This feature adds granularity to the custom filter options when changing the category ratings for specific URL's by allowing users to add properties to URL entries in Custom Filters.
- Certificate Chain Support - iPrism supports the ability to upload and install intermediary certificates, which adds a layer of security that eliminates the possibility that a root certificate could be compromised. End entity certificates chained to an intermediate certificate represent the highest possible security solution for Certification Authorities and therefore their customers.
- Virtual Desktop Support - iPrism continues its support for virtual desktop environments by re-validating iPrism v7.0 as a Citrix-Ready solution. iPrism's unique session-based authentication technology simplifies the process for terminal services users and prevents interruptions from authentication requests.