Sales Development Representative
San Diego, CA
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) works with internal resources to set meetings, create new business opportunities, and build new business pipeline through outbound calling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute multi-touch prospecting leveraging phone, email, and LinkedIn to generate leads for the inside sales new business team.
- Make 80 plus outbound calls per day into EdgeWave’s provided lists.
- Communicate EdgeWave value proposition by actively prospecting, creating new opportunities, handling objections, and progressing a lead to a qualified opportunity.
- Build pipeline in respective territory.
- Keep detailed and accurate notes of all sales-related activities in Salesforce.com and schedule follow up activities, as needed.
- Gain, maintain, present and articulate knowledge of EdgeWave and competitive products and industry trends.
- Achieve assigned personal and team goals; regular review of key performance metrics with management to identify ways to increase results.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Requirements and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with both high-level decision makers and technical influencers.
- “Hunter” mentality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Energy, enthusiasm and ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience selling technology solutions.
- Salesforce.com experience a plus.