San Diego, CA
As an Email Security Sales Engineer you will deliver compelling, interactive technical demonstrations of EdgeWave security products to prospective customers. Using your experience and knowledge of Exchange and Office 365 Email Systems and Security you will gather customer technical requirements, create evaluation test plans with customers, and then manage the evaluation process to a successful sale and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the customer-facing technical product expert for the sales team in the form of technical demonstrations, solution architecture, proof of concepts and implementations.
- Asses customer requirements and articulate the value and benefits of Edgewave products.
- Perform product demonstrations and presentations across internet channels as well as at customer and partner sites, company road shows and events.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of technical training materials.
- Provide feedback, on a periodic basis on customer and reseller requirements.
- Maintain a broad level of knowledge of industry trends and how Edgewave products add value.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Requirements and Experience
- 3-5 years of network administration or systems engineering experience
- Experience with Office 365 and Exchange Servers.
- Prior experience developing and presenting technical sales and support material to technical audiences.
- Strong presentation, analytical, written and verbal skills required.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Theoretical and practical application and understanding of Windows and Linux/Unix system administration, operating systems.
- Theoretical and practical application of TCP/IP Networking, IP addressing, LAN, WAN, DNS, Email and other networking products such as Proxy Servers, Firewalls, Routers and Switches.
- Familiarity with network security, e-mail systems and firewalls.
- Experience designing and troubleshooting networks preferred.
- Previous experience deploying cloud based solutions a plus.
- Microsoft or Cisco certifications (MCP, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA or higher) or equivalent knowledge.
- BS Computer Science or BS Engineering or equivalent knowledge.