ThreatTest Security Analyst
San Diego, CA
The ThreatTest Security Analyst’s primary responsibility is the analysis and classification of email based security threats as submitted by our global user base. As a result of your actions, our customers are protected from harmful emails. You will also spend a portion of your time researching current trends in email born malware and cyber-crime tactics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and classify submitted threat emails
- Interact with and interpret results of automated malware analysis tools.
- Meet and strive to exceed team quality and productivity guidelines measured primarily by classification accuracy, customer satisfaction and other quality-based metrics
- Proactively solve identified problems and provide a focused and appealing customer experience.
- Research and report on current trends in email based malware and cyber-crime.
- Other duties as required
Requirements and Experience
- Experience in identifying cyber crime tactics and social engineering attacks
- Experience with anti-spam and anti-malware tools
- Detailed understanding of SMTP protocol
- Knowledge of regular expressions
- Experience with some scripting language: Perl, python, php or bash, a plus
- Strong collaboration skills including written and oral communications