Dec 4, 2012
EdgeWave, a leader in Secure Content Management (SCM) solutions, today announced a new version of its ePrism Email Security Suite, v8.4, with time-saving features including system notifications that ease the IT administrative burden, as well as more user-friendly encryption options.
Enhanced system notifications integrated into v8.4 allow IT administrators to receive important email security updates via laptop, tablet or smartphone. In addition, new encryption options include adding TLS (Transport Layer Security) to end-user choices when it is supported on the recipient’s end. This allows end-users to send encrypted emails that don’t require recipients to log-in to a portal to receive encrypted messages.
“ePrism’s new features support our commitment to make email security easier to deliver and manage for both IT administrators and end-users,” said John Randall, ePrism Product Manager, EdgeWave. “Our enhanced notification system means that IT administrators no longer have to worry about checking on email security throughout their busy day they can now receive notifications in any form they choose. The new encryption features add another level of security, one that is completely transparent to recipients, for organizations that have regulatory compliance requirements or handle sensitive customer or client data that must be protected.”
New features in ePrism Email Security v8.4 include:
Comprehensive Notification System – a unique, all-inclusive notification system that monitors inbound/outbound mail streams and allows administrators to configure notifications to be triggered by events or thresholds per specific requirements:
- Multiple event conditions can be combined within a single notification.
- Multiple email recipients can be configured per notification.
- SMS is supported via the wireless carriers’ Email-to-SMS features, allowing IT administrators to receive notifications on an iPad, iPhone or other mobile device.
- No external monitoring solution (SNMP) is required
TLS Server-to-Server Email Encryption Option – the ePrism Encryption Service now includes flexibility to automatically enable administrators to create policies for how messages will be encrypted.
- Administrators can configure TLS encryption to occur automatically per domain when DLP events are triggered.
- When TLS encryption is not supported, secure messages are sent by ePrism’s Park-and-Pull Encryption.
- This feature allows administrators to streamline encryption, creating a completely transparent encryption experience for the recipient, while assuring the secure delivery of all sensitive or private information.
Auto-Enabled Continuity – ePrism Continuity can be enabled automatically per administrator policy, for easier management of email disaster recovery tools. Continuity auto-enablement can be configured to trigger after email has been down a certain number of minutes. This feature eases the burden on IT administrators tasked with maintaining email process performance and uptime. Combined with the new ePrism Notification System, not only will Continuity be automatically enabled but busy IT administrators will be notified.
About EdgeWave, Inc.
EdgeWave is a leader in the cyber security industry, delivering innovative, effective and efficient email and web security protection for thousands of business and government organizations. Our mission is to mitigate the risks you face in the real world, and support you in reducing the cost and complexity of protecting your organization in today's fast-changing security and risk environment.
For more information, please visit EdgeWave online at https://www.edgewave.com or follow us on: