Apr 10, 2012
EdgeWave Inc. (OTCBB/OTCQB: EWVE), a leading provider of Secure Content Management (SCM) solutions, today announced the release of iPrism Web Security v7.0. The new release offers features designed to expand Enterprise-level functionality including SSL filtering, VLAN support integration, High Availability deployment, Email Protocol Filtering and Certificate Chain support. This version also boasts features that optimize network performance through Quotas and Warnings that allow administrators more control over bandwidth usage, and new Custom Filter enhancements that offer options for more granular control within URL categorization. iPrism v7.0 also includes support for YouTube for Schools, allowing schools to access valuable learning tools while still blocking unwanted video content. The new features in iPrism Web Security Version 7.0 are available to current customers at no additional charge.
“iPrism continues to provide innovative solutions for the advanced Web threats we face every day, while retaining its ease-of-use and low maintenance requirements,” said Ernest Staats of Georgia Cumberland Academy. “The new features and enhancements in iPrism v 7.0, including more granular application controls and custom filter options, have been critical in helping us defend against Web 2.0 threats. We are very pleased with how iPrism allows our students and staff to use the Internet safely and productively.”
“EdgeWave is committed to supporting the evolving needs of our enterprise and educational customers,” said, Steve Kelley, S.V.P. of Corporate Development and Product Strategy at EdgeWave. “iPrism v7.0 delivers on our promise of protecting organizations from emerging web security threats while providing native support for enterprise-class technologies like VLAN and virtual desktop infrastructure.”
iPrism Web Security v7.0 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- SSL Filtering – Detects and classifies server name indication (SNI) header information in the outbound request, at the start of the SSL handshake process. This lets you control where you will allow encrypted content to be sent, avoiding potential hacker incursions via unfiltered SSL.
- Virtual Desktop Support – Native support for virtual desktop environments through unique sessionbased authentication technology, which simplifies the process for terminal services users and prevents interruptions from authentication requests.
- VLAN Support – Support multiple VLANs through a single iPrism appliance with the administrator designating VLAN addresses when iPrism is configured. This features offers easier iPrism setup and management, with visibility of all traffic on a single iPrism, when deployed in networks using VLAN trunking configurations.
- YouTube for Schools Support – Provide a safe and productive YouTube environment for students and faculty at educational institutions. Customers who have a YouTube for Schools account are able to seamlessly integrate all YouTube requests through their own video portal creating a worry-free YouTube experience for educators.
- Bandwidth Quotas and Warnings – Optimize network performance by adding a policy attribute to web profiles that limits the total bandwidth consumed by a user under the applicable policy. Quotas and Warnings events are now identified through both real-time monitoring and reporting, assisting users in establishing limits on acceptable activity, which can decrease bandwidth usage.
- High Availability iPrism Pairing – Enable high availability through iPrism interconnectivity to enable traffic status visibility across multiple appliances to provide seamless failover from primary to secondary appliance. This configuration assures optimum performance when it is used in high availability or redundant networks with multiple firewalls.
- Email Protocol Filtering – Support filtering of SMTP, POP and IMAP email protocols and their secured versions. This feature enhances the use policies for email coming into organizations by providing the ability to filter major protocols.
- Enhanced Custom Filters – Increase granularity of custom filtering options when changing the category ratings for specific URL’s by allowing users to add properties to URL entries in Custom Filters.
- Certificate Chain Support – Upload and install intermediary certificates, which add a layer of security that eliminates the possibility that a root certificate could be compromised. End entity certificates chained to an intermediate certificate represent the highest possible security solution for Certification Authorities and therefore their customers.
iPrism Web Security Version 7.0 is available now. Existing iPrism customers can upgrade at no cost.
About EdgeWave, Inc.
With millions of end users protected worldwide, EdgeWave is a leader in the cyber security industry. We give confidence to growing organizations with the most accurate messaging and web security to protect people and data. Our mission is to better secure every organization with the most innovative, effective and cost-efficient solutions that thwart threats in today's fast-changing security and risk environment.
For more information, please visit EdgeWave online at https://www.edgewave.com or follow us on: